Monday, November 9, 2009

Phobia 2

I've been longing to catch Phobia 2 ever since i saw the trailer 2-3 weeks ago. As always, Thailand's horror films are always the best and undoubtfully highly rated. Down to earth terrifying tales that are so real, plus your endless imaginative mind, it would cause an unpleasant aftermath. For instance, after many years had passed, many still rank "The Shutter" as one of the most horrifying movie ever watched. Agree?

Phobia 2 (5 Praeng)

Thus last Saturday after dropping my dear on her CLP classes, i gathered my courage and go for Phobia 2... alone. Most of my friends and colleagues find it rather disturbing to watch horror movies, so does my girlfriend, as a result im felt with me alone. It was my first experience, as im usually surrounded with a bunch of friends. It was a pretty bold move for a guy like me to watch Phobia 2 all by myself.

Phobia 2 is dissected into 5 shorts stories; Novice, Ward, Backpackers, Salvage, and In The End.



The movie itself managed to freak me out, those that created sudden adrenaline rush and jump you off your seat. Personally i found that the last story is the best of all, In The End...
Ter, Puak, Shin and Aey are the movie crew of an upcoming horror movie. They are shooting their last scene. On the last night, Puak is trying to be cool and tells one of the sick cast members that, "the show must go on". So when that actress accidentally dies during the filming she makes sure to come back from the dead to finish her role. The four of them must shoot the movie that has a real ghost playing the role of ghost in the end, and the main actress must not know about this.

The storyline maybe a little too simple, but it had a twist underneath the brilliant script. Creating those eerie thoughts that the "thing" is back because of unfinished business, and the crewmembers had to continue filming. In The End is also filled with hilarious ideas and funny scenes that make the whole crowd laugh throughout the short story. It makes you walk out of the cinema with a smile in your face, instead of OMFGBBQSAUCE its so scary!

Overall, two thumbs up from me. Recommended for those Thailand horror movie fans.

4 comments:

PhoeNieTam said...

wow...
after read your review, I will 100% watch it once PPS has it...hehe

Saw said...

well 4bia one was rather interesting but arent that scary so i guess is the same as 4bia 2...

hmmm sound interesting

Reny said...

I Dann, I felt that your blog is very interesting. And I really appreciate your comments on many movies. In fact, I always watch the ghost movie alone, all by myself. Great experience!!!

Dann said...

Phoenie: Definitely. I know you're also a horror movie freak. You should watch it too.

Saw: Agreed!!!

Evil Toufu: Thanks for dropping by. Appreciate your credits. It was an experience last Saturday to watch it alone. However still, its still a great movie that shall not miss! ^^

Dann the Ninja!